Innovation Factory has moved!
Come visit Innovation Factory (iF) in our new location – Suite 101A – directly off the atrium. Aside from our suite number, the rest of our contact information remains the same. Be sure to stop by and see our new space!
iF’s New Innovation Destination
This month, iF will be opening our Innovation Destination to provide more space for innovation to blossom. The Innovation Destination will host various seminars, workshops and events, and become the space in Hamilton where people can see innovation happening. The space will also serve as a drop-in work area for the community, where people can have a meeting, grab a coffee, open up their laptop and/or collaborate with like-minded people.
Drop by and check out our new, collaborative, and fun space! For more information please contact our Marketing & Programming Coordinator Sandra Barbera at firstname.lastname@example.org.
iF is currently seeking an Intake Coordinator for the 2013 summer work term. The ideal candidate will be a recent or soon-to-be B.Comm. graduate or is currently enrolled in an MBA program.
This position will work closely with Innovation Factory’s entrepreneurs to expand their network and their analytical skills, helping the successful candidate become an integral part of growing businesses in the Hamilton region.
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Act as the initial liaison with client companies, collect new client in-take forms, verify information and coordinate with Executives-in-Residence (EIRs) to assign to appropriate individual
- Maintain Innovation Factory’s client database, work with EIRs to ensure client information and resources are up to date
- Provide business analysis support and advice to clients
- Coordinate weekly EIR meeting and other regular meetings that advance clients’ interests with internal and external parties
- Assist with regular governmental reporting requirements
- Assist as requested with the planning and execution of regular monthly and special events
- Work with the EIRs to arrange client company pitch practice sessions and to align actual pitches to potential funders
- Work closely with stakeholders, partners, members and clients where needed
- Work with marketing and event logistics/execution
All positions at iF are multidisciplinary and involve considerable creativity, flexibility, member service orientation, interaction and teamwork. In a small organization like iF, all staff members are required to perform a variety of functions at varying levels with the flexibility necessary to facilitate and improve the growth of the innovation community and the programs that support it.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
New iF staff members
iF is pleased to announce that we have two new staff members!
Emily Kinread joined the iF team in December of 2012 as our new Marketing & Communications Manager. Emily will oversee Innovation Factory’s marketing and communications strategies as well as the execution of all iF events, including Innovation Nights, Lion’s Lair, and The Big DiF.
Sandra Barbera has joined the iF team full-time as our Marketing & Programing Coordinator. Sandra started at Innovation Factory back in June of 2012 as a Junior Coordinator and did such a great job, we had to bring her on full-time! Sandra will assist with special events, social media, and will oversee iF’s Factory Floor and the Innovation Destination programming.
Please join us in welcoming Sandra and Emily to the iF team!